Close Menu
Berry & Associates
Free Consultation
File for no money down
New Clients 404-235-3328 Existing Clients 404-235-3300

You’re Not Alone

Like any difficult situation, it’s important to first realize that you are not alone.  Consider these bankruptcy statistics:

  • Over 800,000 consumers filed bankruptcy in the U.S. in 2015.
  • Nearly 50,000 Georgia residents filed bankruptcy in 2015.
  • Georgia ranked 4th highest among all states in bankruptcy filings in 2015.  (CA, IL and FL had more filings.)
  • 43% of Georgia bankruptcy filings in 2015 were Chapter 7, with the other 57% being Chapter 13.
  • Georgia only saw a 4% decrease in consumer bankruptcy filings from 2014 to 2015.  Only three states saw less of a decrease, meaning that Georgia is recovering from the recession much slower than other states.

What do these numbers tell us?

Anyone at any time in any place can struggle financially.  (Please see the list of well-known individuals and companies that filed Bankruptcy below.)  During their free initial consultation, many of our clients talk about how their families were hit hard by large medical bills.  Others explain how downsizing at their former employer forced them to start using credit cards to pay everyday bills.  Some even admit that living above their means for too long was a mistake they wish they never made.

When it’s all said and done, it doesn’t matter what brought you to this website for help.  It’s available to you now.  At Berry & Associates, we’ve helped thousands of Georgians just like you protect their property and get back on their feet.

Call the Atlanta law offices of Berry & Associates now to schedule your free consultation at one of our 11 Georgia offices.

Famous people that have filed bankruptcy:

  • Walt Disney
  • Mark Twain
  • Larry King
  • Michael Vick
  • Toni Braxton
  • Ulysses S. Grant
  • Natalie Cole
  • Henry Ford
  • Lorrie Morgan
  • Francis Ford Coppola
  • Johnny Unitas
  • MC Hammer
  • Dorothy Hamill
  • Willie Nelson
  • Susan Powter
  • Debbie Reynolds
  • TLC
  • Don Johnson
  • Wayne Newton
  • Marvin Gay
  • Rembrandt
  • Burt Reynolds
  • Mickey Rooney

Well-known companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection:

  • Delta Air Lines
  • Dow Corning Corporation
  • Bill Davis Trucking
  • Death Row Records
  • Bally Total Fitness
  • Bethlehem Steel
  • Champion Parts
  • Converse
  • Kmart
  • Hispanic Television Network
  • Napster
  • Planet Hollywood
  • Lehman Brothers Holdings
  • Northwest Airlines
  • Polaroid
  • Texaco
  • Vlasic Foods
  • Tri-Star Pictures
  • Greyhound Lines
  • facebook
  • youtube

© 2018 - 2024 Berry & Associates, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by Proven Law Marketing.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from